Tuesday 21 May 2013

The Stolen Project 365:A Photo a Day for a Year #11


Hyderabadi Biryani served on a banana leaf at the dubiously named biryani place in Mysore 'RRR'.I wonder who they send to er.. collect the 'plates' from the trees.Or is there a small business somewhere that supplies banana leaves to eating joints around Mysore.

The city is quaint, with lovely weather ( no air conditioner required ),a fantastic zoo which is home to the only gorilla in south Asia, tapirs which I'd never seen before and rogue chimpanzees that grinned gleefully before aiming small stones at the visitors.(I don't blame them, I felt like throwing a few pesky kids into the gorilla enclosure myself).

The famous Mysore palace is absolutely beautiful.One of the erstwhile princely states of India, it was home to the royal family of Mysore till 1947.Unfortunately I don't have a single photograph because my phone decided to die on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment